A MOTHERS STORY
WHERE WERE YOU ?
July 31, August 1, and August 2, 1999? Long Holiday Weekend, in the Ottawa area perhaps?
At the start of this long weekend, at about 2:00 a.m. saturday, July 31, 1999, Robin Brunet crossed the dark highway 31, which runs from Cornwall (US Border) to Ottawa, ON.
Robin had just left the Bears Den, a popular local pub and crossed the road when a friend called to her. As she turned to come back she was struck down by a white 1990-1991 Toyota Camry. The car stopped briefly on the side of the road and then sped off into the night towards the city of Ottawa.
WHAT WE KNOW
1. July 31, 1999 was the first day of the long weekend.
2. The Maxville Highland Games had just started in Maxville, ON. Maxville runs off highway 31.
3. It's assumed a lot of out-of-towners were holidaying in the area.
4. Most of theToyotas in the Ottawa and surrounding area were located, inspected, and drivers interviewed.
5. Debris left at scene- the toyota symbol ( the symbol T ) and broken parking lights fragments.
6. There was more than one person in the car.
7. Do you know of anyone who was in the Ottawa area. July 31, 1999, the long weekend?
8. Do you have knowledge of a friend or neighbour's damaged white 1990-1991 Toyota Camry?
9. Has anyone you know of, have knowledge of anything mentioned above?
Please help us in our quest for closure. Someone killed our ROBIN that night. We need to know so we can get on with our lives. Please help if you can.
If you know or suspect anyone or anything at all please contact CrimeStoppers or Constable Bill Murrell at ( 613 ) 236-1222 Ex 2477. An e-mail message can also be left at email@example.com
There is a 25,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of the hit and run driver who killed our ROBIN. Even if the reward is unimportant please make that call or send a message. It would mean the world to us. Thank - You.
Robin's Mom Judy Dugray